Subject: Request for Guidance: Youth Drone Education Program for Ages 10–18 (EASA A1/A3 & Article 9)
From: "Algorithmics Programmeerimiskool" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, "Algorithmics Haabersti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2025 14:17:25 +0300

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Recep TOKLU, CEO of Algorithmics School of Programming and board 
member of EdTech Estonia. Our school is a licensed private educational 
institution (EHIS ID: 2121711), operating across Estonia and the Nordics. We 
are actively engaged in national and international educational networks, 
including: EdTech Estonia, Education Estonia, and the EU Child Participation 
Platform, which promotes inclusive and innovative youth education.

We are now launching a STEM Innovation Lab, a 100% Estonian-funded 
initiative, to introduce a structured drone education program for children 
aged 10–18.

Our multi-level curriculum is currently being developed by our education 
team and, once ready, will:

*	Be audited by two partner universities to ensure academic quality and 
safety compliance
*	Be piloted with an EU-recognised institution from Germany or Spain for 
international credibility
*	Be aligned with EASA A1/A3 standards, preparing students aged 16+ for 
official drone certifications

The tiered learning pathway is designed as:

*	Junior Drone Pilot Course – safety, fundamentals, and indoor flight 
training
*	Senior Drone Pilot Course – outdoor missions, coding integration, and 
project-based learning
*	A1/A3 certification preparation for students aged 16+

This step-by-step model mirrors our successful programming curriculum, 
enabling continuous skill development and measurable outcomes.

As we finalize the program, we would like to:

*	Inform you of our structured youth drone initiative with a unique 
pedagogical model
*	Request guidance on legal and regulatory requirements, especially for 
students under 16
*	Inquire whether national age reduction under Article 9 of EU Regulation 
2019/947 (e.g., to 12–14 years for supervised local operations) is possible 
for educational purposes
*	Share our preliminary curriculum and training materials for your review 
and feedback
*	Explore potential recognition as a national pilot project for youth drone 
education
*	Discuss options for indoor or protected training spaces during winter and 
adverse weather

We would be glad to arrange a call or office visit, where we can present our 
<250 g educational drone models, curriculum concept, and pilot plan.

We believe this initiative will equip young Estonian learners with 
future-ready STEM and aviation skills, while maintaining academic integrity 
and full regulatory compliance. Furthermore, the program is designed for 
export across the NB8 region as an innovative Estonian educational product, 
strengthening Estonia’s role as a regional leader in youth STEM innovation.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration. I would greatly 
appreciate the opportunity to schedule a call or office visit at your 
convenience.

Kind regards,

Recep TOKLU
CEO – Algorithmics School of Programming, Estonia
Board Member – EdTech Estonia

Office:  <tel:+37253117070> +372 5311 7070 | Mobile:  <tel:+37253447336> 
+372 5344 7336
Email (CEO): [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
Email (Office): [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>
Website: https://haabersti.alg.academy
Address: Suur-Sõjamäe tn 10a, 11415 Tallinn, Estonia
LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/recep-toklu/>  | Facebook 
<https://www.facebook.com/algorithmicshaabersti>  | Instagram 
<https://www.instagram.com/algorithmicshaabersti/>  | WhatsApp 
<https://wa.me/message/EHY4UO6TFSXVE1>  | Linktr 
<https://linktr.ee/algorithmicsi>

  _____

CONFIDENTIALITY: This message is intended to be confidential and directed 
only to
the person/entity as addressed above. Any unauthorised use, distribution, or 
copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by 
error, please reply
by e-mail to inform us and delete any copies from your hard drive.
Thank you.